The Good Samaritan Medical Staff Library is a reference and research library funded by the Medical Staff and Hospital Administration. Its primary purpose is to provide information and referral services appropriate to the professional, technical, educational, administrative and research needs of the entire Administrative, Medical and Hospital Staff. It does this through a variety of services: database searching, document retrieval (from books and journals) and delivery, current awareness (Table of Contents) service, in-library Internet accessibility, patient education information, support for staff students, etc.
Physicians who are on active medical staff have automatic entrance to the library 24/7 with their authorized swipe card.
How to access collections and services:
- drop in/stop by
- phone call: 845-368-5116
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 845-368-5316
- Ask The Librarian or Request an in-depth search.
Library Services - Physicians
- Both print and electronic collections are accessible to everyone on staff.
- Print books and journals are for in-library use only. Books and journals cannot be checked out.
- E-resources are available 24/7 via the library's web Virtual Library Gateway. Contact the Medical Librarian for login information if accessing the Gateway from home or off-network.
Your feedback is important and always welcome.